Well it has been a long enjoyable ride for me through competing for a sport on The Ultimate Intern Team for Under Armour. I have learned various new skills in marketing myself and innovative ideas for companies such as Under Armour. Unfortunately, I was not chosen to continue in this competition but I will not let this closed door stop me from continuing to dream to achieve my goals. Best of luck to the rest of the candidates and continue to WORK HARD.
Final collaboration of SUPERCAM.
In the closing hours of the Semi Finalist round here is a brief list of why I am the most ideal fit for the position of Marketing Strategist for Under Armour:
1. Passion - In any activity I do, whether it is studying for an exam or training in the weight room, I strive to be the best and achieve my maximum potential. According to Under Armour’s mission statement “WE STRIVE TO MAKE ALL ATHLETES BETTER” this sentence simply describes a personal goal for myself on a day to day basis. I plan to go above and beyond what is expected of me.
2. Coach-ability - I am always open to learning new strategies and niches to mold me into the best character or employee I can be to further the business of my organization. I strongly believe a team of employees CANNOT achieve success without each team member becoming 100% open to being coached into the best employees they can be.
3. Experience - In only 2 years of attending a college institution I have gained valuable experience. Combined with 2 years of sales and marketing in my position at a local YMCA, and an apprenticeship with The CRONS Brand as Production Coordinator. I developed the marketing plan for this company to expand my work specialization in the field of Marketing. I continue to use my marketing skills in representing my college institution to prospective families in my position of a Preview and Orientation Guide.
4. Leadership - A long with my experience in the field of marketing I enjoy serving as a leader in numerous programs. I am a sales leader at my position at the YMCA (after my first year increased membership retention by 80%). I enjoy motivating my team members to meet sales goals while representing an ethical community. Also I continue to serve on the executive board of the Sport Management Association.
5. Creative Problem Solving Skills - In my position at the YMCA I serve as a front line communications and operatives coordinator. I have excelled in making important decisions in emergency situations which in fact saved lives of members. This skill is used to diffuse volatile situations in sales to improve membership retention to improve business in the long run.
I will use all of my core competencies to achieve maximum success for Under Armour for the position of Marketing Strategist.
In Summarizing the past month,
After long sleepless nights of dreaming of working at Under Armour this summer the Semi Finals have come to a close. I have loved every moment of this competition and my only wish is for Under Armour to realize the benefits of hiring me as their Marketing Strategist for The Ultimate Intern Team. These variety of benefits include:
1. Unparallelled Motivation each and every day
2. Advanced Interpersonal Skills and Leadership Skills for The Ultimate Team
3. Time Management skills to balance a hefty schedule of various responsibilities
4. Dedicated and Determination to succeed in every task assigned to me
5. The ultimate benefit to any organization is the increased in value added to Under Armour products through the use of my Strategic Marketing Objectives
All of the above are just a few reasons why I believe with my ideas and strategies Under Armour’s success will excel in this competitive environment. After all, these are all qualities I have used to create a successful outcome for the organizations I have been apart of in my life.
Why do I want this Under Armour?
Not only is this a chance of a lifetime…but this opportunity is a chance for me to prove to the world what a valuable asset I am to an organization’s success. Through the use of my strategic marketing ideas I can personally make this vow I will dominate the competition and elevate Under Armour second to none.
I can post pictures of numerous Under Armour gear and tell you how much I want this position more than anything, but instead I will continue to create posts about my ideas and how I will bring the most success to this organization which it has never seen anymore.
Here is another side of Under Armour not many other people are aware of…
The Dr. said “Kevin is a big puzzle and we have to put the pieces back together” But the main question is How do we start?? Or What is the first step towards recovery??
Kevin suffered from a heat stroke due to excessive amount of exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet radiation waves and the lack of protection of his skin against these harmful waves. The heat stroke caused Kevin to suffer from severe brain damage primarily affecting his ability to sleep and give the brain some rest to recovery.
How has Under Armour changed this young man’s life? By wearing this Armour Kevin’s body temperature is preserved at a safe temperature to assist his recovery.
How great is it to say I am in the running for being employed by a company such as Under Armour? Better yet, how wonderful is it to say I work for a company who sells products that assist the recovery of permanently ill patients? This is something larger than supplying a professional football team with elegant jerseys with sleek lettering, but this is THE OTHER SIDE of Under Armour.
Under Armour - What it really means to me
U - Undeniable hard work ethic - WE WILL crush the competition
N - No excuses for being being less than #1 - WE WILL succeed
D - Dedication, Determination, and Dependability allow me to elevate over the rest - WE WILL not finish until the job is done to the best of ability
E- Emphasis on Excellence creating Brand Dominance and Brand Loyalty - WE WILL be the best motivational apparel brand
R- Rise up against doubts and Ignore the Noise - WE WILL stand strong
A - Aspiration to overcome challenges and change Under Armour through my marketing strategies - WE WILL make a difference
R - “Reap what you sow” - WE WILL stand by decisions and seize the opportunity
M - More teamwork with proven accountability - WE WILL work together
O- Outdo and Outwork all of the competition to BE THE BEST - WE WILL set new standards
U - Unique strategies only applicable through my work - WE WILL change the way we think about Strategic Marketing
R - Rock The Ultimate Intern Team through leading my team to optimal success - WE WILL overcome
After the first weekend of the official SUPERCAM competition here is a little mix of what I have put together.
Enjoy, as there is a lot more where this has came from.
The wait is over.
They have arrived.
Congratulations to all.
Check out the Semi-Finalists over at Under Armour’s Facebook page.
As the application process of Under Armour’s Ultimate Intern Team winds down, here is an example of a few athletes who motivate me to be great in everything I do…
Dear Under Armour,
I will use this post to discuss my experience relating to field of marketing giving me the necessary skills to exceed the competition for the position of Marketing Strategist.
This past summer I interned for The CRONS Brand which is a motivational apparel company headquartered in the City of Pittsburgh. My position was Production Coordinator for the company, which required numerous responsibilities including overseeing and the preparation of products before allowing them to be sent to the final customer. On the side of marketing, I incorporated my strategies into selling the brand new protein bars as CRONS took this huge leap into the supplement industry. My strategies were successful in excelling the CRONS bars to a “best-seller” on GNC’s online website.
I continue to use my marketing skills to sell Robert Morris University to prospective families and athletic recruits in my position as Colonial Ambassador. I am entrusted by the university to be the first interaction between the families to influence them why RMU is their ideal choice. I enjoy this position and take it upon myself to provide a unique RMU experience to everyone I encounter as prospective students.
Experience is a vital proponent to an organization’s success and if chosen to be apart of this team I will bring this experience and more importantly look forwards towards expanding my skills in marketing.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
At the end of this process of applying for this highly sought after position of Marketing Strategist for The Ultimate Intern Team my only desire is for Under Armour to recognize the possibilities of hiring a team member such as myself. I am very grateful for this chance to prove myself to this wonderful company with tremendous history of success.
I believe, without a doubt, I would be a great addition to the team for my Passion, Coach-ability, Experience, Leadership, & Creative Problem Solving Skills.
I look forward towards transferring my skills to the team’s overall success in providing more than tremendous marketing support in achieving success for Under Armour.
Once again I will elaborate on my ideas and strategies for the position of Marketing Strategist for The Ultimate Intern Team.
My last post mentioned heavily on the importance of creating, maintaining, and achieving objectives.
Here is a brief overview of what kind of objectives I am talking about.
S - Specific
M - Measurable