If chosen to contribute my ideas as the Marketing Strategist for the Ultimate Intern Team my ideas include:
1. Attack the competition by capitalizing on our Competitive Advantages
2. Set Weekly to Monthly Goals and Objectives
3. Concentrate on Growth Strategies
4. Diversity, Integrate, and Concentrate on new trends and market strategies
5. Product Differentiation, Cost Leadership, and Focus on the intangibles
6. Provide leadership skills and techniques towards maximizing optimal success
7. Overcome resistance (to product growth) through creating a trust environment
8. Maintain order and equity by providing a unity of command and direction
9. Planning of strategic goals to: Increase speedy decision making, Better management of resources, and Clear identification of primary goals
10. ESPRIT DE CORPS - Strength in unity and harmony; required to encourage initiative
Hard Work, Perseverance, and Dedication to Motivation — These are the 3 virtues I live by and they will continue to propel me to success with the aspiring dreams to achieve the position of Marketing Strategist with one of the greatest companies in existence…I WILL PROTECT THIS HOUSE
What would we be today without the simple ideas of changing the world and the way we market our products? When we think of innovation, one cannot help but think of Steve Jobs and his underdog story. Not only did Steve Jobs create a dynamic empire for Apple but more importantly he developed impeccable brand loyalty to his products.
As an employee of Under Armour I can guarantee WE WILL dramatically increase our customers’ brand loyalty resulting in a far greater number of returning and new customers. In the apparel business, our customers have a variety of opportunities to buy from our competitors. But following my strategies we can create brand loyalty to increase the willingness to purchase from Under Armour.
We will be the best retail product available on the market. With proper marketing techniques and using our core competencies we will surpass our goals and the competition. We will not falter and we will not fail. WE WILL.
Here is a brief list of why I am the most ideal fit for the position of Marketing Strategist for Under Armour:
1. Passion - In any activity I do, whether it is studying for an exam or training in the weight room, I strive to be the best and achieve my maximum potential. According to Under Armour’s mission statement “WE STRIVE TO MAKE ALL ATHLETES BETTER” this sentence simply describes a personal goal for myself on a day to day basis. I plan to go above and beyond what is expected of me.
2. Coach-ability - I am always open to learning new strategies and niches to mold me into the best character or employee I can be to further the business of my organization. I strongly believe a team of employees CANNOT achieve success without each team member becoming 100% open to being coached into the best employees they can be.
3. Experience - In only 2 years of attending a college institution I have gained valuable experience. Combined with 2 years of sales and marketing in my position at a local YMCA, and an apprenticeship with The CRONS Brand as Production Coordinator. I developed the marketing plan for this company to expand my work specialization in the field of Marketing. I continue to use my marketing skills in representing my college institution to prospective families in my position of a Preview and Orientation Guide.
4. Leadership - A long with my experience in the field of marketing I enjoy serving as a leader in numerous programs. I am a sales leader at my position at the YMCA (after my first year increased membership retention by 80%). I enjoy motivating my team members to meet sales goals while representing an ethical community. Also I continue to serve on the executive board of the Sport Management Association.
5. Creative Problem Solving Skills - In my position at the YMCA I serve as a front line communications and operatives coordinator. I have excelled in making important decisions in emergency situations which in fact saved lives of members. This skill is used to diffuse volatile situations in sales to improve membership retention to improve business in the long run.
I will use all of my core competencies to achieve maximum success for Under Armour for the position of Marketing Strategist.
Define Your Destiny — 3 Simple Words….I will live by to prove to Under Armour I am the ideal fit for Marketing Strategist
Do not let today’s opportunities become tomorrow’s regrets.
What would the world be today without the importance of ethics? The impact of unethical decisions changed the world of sports as we know it. There is no telling when the issue of ethics presented itself to humankind for the first time. To many this impact dates far before the domestic use of anabolic steroids primarily investigated in the Major League Baseball Association. To some this impact began in the early years of post modern civilization. In reality, the question of ethics involving right and wrong dates back to Adam and Eve eating fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.
How has this affected the life of sports? Well in many ways, first I will begin with the reality of the need to question professional baseball players whenever they have a 50+ Home Run season instead of assuming the results of hard work for success. Needless to mention the countless recruiting violations which not only affect the outcome of an entire team’s season, but in addition affecting the lives of these young athletes’ career in paving a short road to failure.
Is there anything we can do? Yes, we can simply educate the younger generations about the importance in making ethical decisions to create an overall better environment in the workplace and on the field.
Is it that easy? No, but nothing in life is easy unless you believe you can. The day you fail is the day you stop believing in yourself. Therefore we need to harness the willpower of collective minds to inspire others to carry out ethical decisions.